It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Teague update

Well, he is still sick. I'm getting kind of nervous, as the vet said on Friday that about 50% of cats with this specific liver issue (guess it's not all that uncommon in cats?) pull through and completely recover, and the other half doesn't make it. (I think I may have said that in my last post). Anyhow, he said the biggest thing was to make sure he eats--a lot--in the next couple of days, as well as to drink a lot of water to wash the excess bile out of his system (hence the jaundice). Well, he is really not eating anything other than a bite here and there, and I can't get him to drink much water. Therefore, I'm beginning to get a little worried that he is not going to be in the positive 50%.

I will find out more on Tuesday if there is anything ELSE wrong with him, or any specific reason as to why his liver is not working. What really sucks is that Tim is gone all week, so it makes dealing with this all the more difficult as I'm without adult conversation and may have to make all decisions on my own. Yeah, Tim is on his annual goose hunting trip in North Dakota...
sucks.

1 comment:

Jaci said...

Oh you poor thing! I hope that he pulls through. Good luck...