It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Guess What?!?

We're having another baby!

I thought of getting Gage a T-shirt that said something cute, such as "I'm Going To Be A Big Brother" and pose him all cute and make a fun blog post out of it. But that would mean driving to Woodbury to either Babies R Us or another speciality shop for a t-shirt. I also thought of making a sign but that also includes work on my part. So, I just thought--why not blurt it out for the blogging world to know?!

I can keep someone else's secret better than anyone...truly. But my own news (and if you really know me, you most likely know MANY more things about me than you ever wanted/needed to know) I just can't keep quiet.

So, yes. #2 is forming as we speak!

We found out ourselves on Saturday and I went to the Dr. for a confirmation yesterday. I'm 5 weeks along and due January 23rd. So far am feeling fine, just extremely tired, however my yucky sickness that I had the majority of my 1st trimester with Gage didn't start until around 6 weeks or so. But I feel very confident that I'm going to be okay this time around. Really I do. I believe in the power of positive thinking and I think it's going to be all right.

For anyone that will read this and would have preferred a phone call instead, I truly do apologize. The week has been a long one already and we've been gone most every night this week.

But yay! Fox baby #2 is on it's way!

9 comments:

The Van Nuland Family said...

Congratulations!! That is very exciting and I am very happy for you! Welcome to the club of multiple children!

jenny said...

congratulations! how exciting! :)

Anonymous said...

Boy, I guess I'm the heel dragger of the bunch now, eh? Congrats. ; ) Question though, if you're five weeks along, how did morning sickness start six weeks ago?

Jill said...

Stacy I'm a bit confused at your comment. I even re-read what I wrote and I still don't get it! Explain!

I said that my morning sickness started when I was pregnant with GAGE around 6 weeks...
therefore if I'm going to have a similar pregnancy, I should start vomiting (or feeling like I need to) within a week.

Hope that helps!

PinksandBluesGirls said...

CONGRATS JILL!!! That is wonderful news!!! You are so like me... I can't keep a secret either!!!! I am wishing you a healthy and beautiful pregnancy and baby!!!!!
best,
Audrey

Jaci said...

One more time--CONGRATULATIONS!!! Since Bree is betrothed to Brett, I hope you can make Milo a little honey. Work on that, okay?

:o)

Swanson Family said...

YAY, We are so excited for you! I can't wait for January of 2009... A great start to a new year! Doesn't get much better then that. Enjoy the one kid now, it can get nutty with 2, but it is truly worth it. Not that you didn't already know that, just thought I would share a random thinking thought today!

Love you all and CONGRATS!

PinksandBluesGirls said...

Oh, warm and wonderful congratulations!! January is a beautiful time to have a new baby... everything is so new and exciting! Some day, you will be like me... and wishing your child a happy 30th! Can you imagine your precious bundles all grown up!? Enjoy this miraculous time!!

xo- Sharon - Pinks & Blues

Anonymous said...

I misread the six weeks being about Gage, sorry. The heel-dragging has to do with everyone else that we know from the Northfield area that might still be planning on having more kids, actually DOING so... except for me. That's on purpose, I'd like Annika to be a little older before dealing with another pregnancy/baby, but it puts an odd sort of pressure on, ya know? Kind of like, "Well, our first-borns are all little buddies, let's have the next ones round about the same time again so they can be buddies, too." Plus there's a certain amount of camaraderie amongst preggo mamas. ; )