Gage has been cute-naughty the past couple of days. I say "cute naughty" because I know no other way to explain.
He's been challenging, but not in the form of temper tantrums, or hitting or biting. He is basically doing the exact opposite of what is being asked from him at any given time, yet with a huge smile and a ton of giggles, that make it hard to keep a straight face. Maybe it's because I'm really trying to just enjoy and embrace every single moment with him for the next nine months, as I know we'll never get this time alone together again. Maybe it's because my baby boy will be turning two in just over a month and I still can't believe that it wasn't just yesterday that I was bringing him home from the hospital and just getting to know him.
Whatever the case may be, he's been really hard to discipline this week as he is just so darn cute, and funny. I know this little boy looks so much like his daddy, yet I am loving the fact that he is acting so much like me. Maybe it's because I walk into his room everyday singing and dancing a new song, or twirling him around the room chanting a made-up rhyme. Who knows. All I know is that I find myself wanting to stick him in a closet sometimes (not really) yet I just want to scoop him up and grind my nose into his neck just to hear him giggle and yell "nooo mama". And then, "Mo" (for more) as soon as I'm done.
As for the pregnancy, I'm still feeling fine. I kept pretty good records of my pregnancy with Gage and if this is going to be a similar pregnancy, then I should start vomiting by the end of the weekend. Nice thought. I am still feeling quite positive that this one's going to be different.
I am having a lot of headaches, and I hate to take anything over the counter, even though Tylenol is okay. I'm just trying to hold out if I can and only take if it appears it's going to turn into a migraine, which hasn't happened yet. I'm also really tired, but that is to be expected as well.
We have a busy weekend planned; it's the neighboring towns' "Good Neighbor Days" and Tim and I are going out for a nice dinner alone and to watch a band in the beer tent tonight. I'm hoping they sell O'Doul's. Although orange pop sounds awfully good right now, too. It will have to do! No drunk dancing for me for awhile. Oh, what are my friends to laugh at this summer? I'll come up with something.
The band members are members of our church and I hear they are pretty good. Then tomorrow Tim is up early to assist with the church pancake breakfast. There is also the carnival and pie and ice cream social, tractor pulls (how's that for small-town Wisconsin) and a huge parade on Sunday which we are in! I'm making signs tonight for the "float" which consists of Tim's truck. It's for our church entry. So that should make for a busy, yet fun, start to the summer weekend!
I will post some pictures of the latest happenings next week. Have a great weekend everyone.
2 comments:
I hope you are feeling good still on Monday AM!
sounds like a great weekend.
Who needs discipline when you have cute and funny! Or is that just the grandma in me talking! I hope you are feeling well... hugs and congratulations on the newest little wonder! I am so excited to follow your journey. I also hope your weekend was as exciting and fun as it sounded!
Sharon - Pinks & Blues
Post a Comment