Happy Mother's Day to all of my wonderful friends out there that read my blog. And of course, to my own mother and mother-in-law--Happy Mother's Day to you both!
I think of all the people I have known long before I became a mother and all of those I have met since becoming a mother, and I feel truly blessed to have each one of you in my life. I am one lucky lady, that is for sure. If only I'd won the new camera and printer that Pioneer woman was giving away last weekend....
I know I am a day late in posting this message, however it was because I was enjoying a fabulous day with my mother, husband and son. My mom spent Saturday and Sunday with me, and although Tim took Gage to see his own mom and family on Saturday ( I had a jewelry party Saturday afternoon), I was able to spend all day Sunday with Gage. We all got up, went to church, and had a fabulous brunch here in New Richmond. The place was a banquet all serving well over 500 throughout the day, I'm sure (maybe more?) but the food was so good, and didn't taste buffet-ish at all! After we returned home, my mom left shortly thereafter and Gage took a long nap while I lounged on the couch, read the paper and dozed off. All while Tim was mowing the lawn.
Once Gage woke up, he wanted to play outdoors, so we went outside where he ended up sitting on Tim's lap throughout the duration of the lawn-mowing. I then began cleaning the garage, as it's been bugging me for the past several weeks. It just needed to be organized and swept out. And the cobwebs from last fall---they needed to come down! I spent a good hour doing that, and then Tim and I hung shelves and a few pictures up in our bedroom, which we painted several weeks ago. I plan to post pictures of the bedroom as soon as it's completely finished.
Although I "worked" yesterday--I was happy to get a few things done that I really wanted done! I went to bed feeling all refreshed and very happy, and very blessed---
to be a mother of a beautiful little boy who looks just like his daddy, yet acts just like me!
2 comments:
It sounds like you and a wonderful day and just what you needed. Happy Mother's Day right back at you!
Sounds like a fabulous day! Fabulous! :o)
Post a Comment