It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Monday, May 26, 2008

Update: Random thoughts and weekend plans

I find myself with a quiet moment in the house to update the blog. Once again, I am finding myself doing a terrible job of not only uploading photos...but not taking them as well! Can you believe that I've known for over a week now that I'm pregnant, and not one picture of myself--either showing my belly (why I would do that when it's nothing but the leftover rolls from the last pregnancy) or my happy face! It is true when they say that first born baby gets all of the good stuff....more pictures, more information documented, etc.

But I plan to have a picture taken of the three of us tonight for that first month of the baby's scrapbook. So anyhoo...
The weekend has been a nice and productive one thus far! We are doing some major changes to our landscaping starting yesterday...ripping out most of what came with the house (lots of shrubs and perennials) and keeping some and tossing the ones that are looking rather rough. There really was no rhyme or reason to anything that was planted, and it was all very scattered and disproportionate. (Is that a word? English majors??) So I had a landscaping lady (awesome connection, not expensive at all) come here last week and she is writing up a design. Then, I will meet her at the nursery she works at and she will help me pick out her suggestions and show me where in my front yard to plant them. We also ripped up 8 dead trees, or should I say "twigs with branches" that have died within the last couple of years and have remained in their spots in the ground. So we will have to plant more.
Man, this post is random. I will relay on my Stickyfeather's friend, Jenny and start with the bullets.
  • Friday--we had a bonfire with the neighbors. I was tired, and it's sad to sit and watch others partake in a beer...but get over it, sistah-it's gonna be a long summer
  • Saturday we drove up to Shell Lake to visit the family, attend a bridal shower for one of Tim's cousins that is getting married and to celebrate nephew Hunter's 13th birthday. We had planned to stay over night, but everyone had went home by 8 and Gage wasn't going down well, so we decided to just drive home (1 hour and 15 minutes) and sleep in our own beds.
  • The driving home proved to be a smart decision. Tim and I slept until 8 am, and Gage until 8:15! Playing with his cousins Rich, Cassidy, and Hunter really tire Gage out--they need to come and visit more often so I can get some things done around here!
  • Gage and I met my mom and Ken in Eau Claire for lunch and some shopping so that Tim could get those trees ripped up and have some "yard time" to himself. All Gage wants to do is help, and ride on the tractor (lawn mower--or "Mo' Trah-tow" as he says) which is wonderful that he is so good...but sometimes hard to get much done. When we got home, we sat and watched the really scary clouds move right on by us after leaving devastation in Hugo and Coon Rapids, MN. Awful footage of that on the news this morning. I can't imagine losing my house in a matter of seconds like that.
  • Today--once I get my buns off the computer, I'm finishing cleaning (already cleaned 2 bathrooms, did one load of laundry, picked up the living room) and am hanging more pictures in my bedroom, vacuuming the upstairs bedrooms, putting away one more load of laundry and then off to help Tim uproot and replant 4 of my "Weigela" bushes. Yeah, they were plants on Thursday and today they have a name--I learned that on Friday when my landscaping guru, JoAnn came and told me so.
  • Um. Oh- we are having some friends over for a BBQ tonight around 4. Denise and Mark and their kids Ari and Nathan and Julie and Dre with their Carly are coming over to eat and visit while the kids play. Super excited to have plans like this. I love to visit with friends...especially when it's at my own house. Tim and I like to entertain...
  • Come and visit us anytime.
Bye!

2 comments:

jenny said...

random posts are good - and lately it seems that is all i have! seems like you've had a good and productive weekend! :)

PinksandBluesGirls said...

Wow! Your weekend seemed very busy and full. Those are my favorites sometimes. Sounds like you had fun!! I hope you are feeling well!! Are you feeling the morning sickness??
- Audrey