What a FABULOUS weekend! It truly couldn't have been better. As Tim was gone all of last week for business in New Orleans, I was "itchin'" for some family time, and so was Gage. And, we had company all weekend long!
On Friday night, my dad came up for an overnight visit. We just hung out at our house Friday night and relaxed, not doing anything special.
On Saturday, Dad and I went to "da Fleet Farm, yah" to be those crazy people who think they have to be there on the day that the toy center opens. I have never been one to try to get there on opening day...but can I just tell you that my Christmas shopping is over half done, and Gage is completely finished! It's a great feeling--one that I've always wanted, but have never had!
We then headed to Stillwater to Aamodt's Apple Farm. There, we took a wagon ride, drank apple cider, ate apple donuts, played on the toy tractors, climbed on hay bales, rode ponies, went in a hay bale maze, bought a bunch of apples...
and then Tim and I went into the winery and taste-tested some featured wines. 4 purchased bottles later, we headed home so that my dad could get on the road.
Then my mom and Ken came up for Saturday evening, AND my sister picked up a Minneapolis trip and I went and got her in time for dinner. We had a fabulous "fall" dinner....pork roasted in cider, with potatoes and apples. YUM! Ken and I polished off 2 bottles of our new wine...
and then we went to sleep!
On Sunday, we spent the day baking in the kitchen, but that is the next post....
1 comment:
Neil did the fleet farm thing too! he went a little late, but the kids have gotten a few realyl nice things so far.
Post a Comment