It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Update

Yet another update that is really quite boring!
Tim has been gone this week for work, and I've been doing the single parent thing since Friday. I had some help over the weekend, as I was in my hometown for a jewelry show and my mom and Ken helped out for an evening and part of a day. But other than that, Gage and I have been bopping around between our weekly visits to the Y, library, and a friends house or two. Pretty uneventful!

This weekend my dad is coming up on Friday night and staying through Saturday for a visit. Tim should be home Friday afternoon as well. We plan to go to the Apple Orchard/Pumpkin patch in Stillwater for a few hours on Saturday, and I hope to get some fun fall pictures taken to post on the site as well as to hang in my house! I've been a poor photographer lately.

My mom and Ken will then be coming up on Saturday night and into Sunday for a visit. It's been awhile since either of my parents were here to visit, so we like to try to get visits in every couple of months or so.

Gage has been busier than ever being a normal 2-year-old. He does the exact opposite of what I tell him, says "Noooooo!" to everything, and comes up with some of the funniest things that crack me up! The other day he responded to me with, "Yes, Mama". It just blew me away the way he said it; so matter-of-fact. He's a hoot, and is talking up a storm.

He is going to be Superman for Halloween. The costume should be here by the end of the week or early next week. Those should be some cute pictures!

1 comment:

jenny said...

oh - the pumpkin patch! i wish we had one around here! you'll be able to get some fun pictures.

tucker says things all the time that leave me wondering - when and WHERE did he come up with this stuff. it is so fun to watch them grow. :)