Okay. Because I REALLY don't want any of my friends and readers to be overly impressed with my newfound "Martha Stewart meets Rachel Ray" attitude, I have to share my most recent story.
After my successful Sunday baking Halloween cookies and homemade applesauce, I decided that since the Kitchenaide mixer was out on the counter anyway, I'd go ahead and try another new recipe that looked good, to take to a potluck I had today. The recipe was "Spice Cookies with Pumpkin Dip".
Would you believe that I flopped them both??
I have no idea what I did wrong with the cookie dough. It said to mix it all up (and I followed step-by-step) and then put in the fridge to chill overnight. So I did. I guess I thought it was a little bit runny (maybe needed more flour??) when I was done, but I thought the "chilling" would take care of that and firm it on up! NOPE! When I went to pull it out today to "roll into 1 inch balls", it was like playing with pudding. So I just plopped spoonfuls of it down on the pan instead. Even after baking it for 5 minutes longer than suggested (6 minutes), they were still a soupy mess on the pan and all mushy inside.
Then, the pumpkin dip called for 2 Cups Confectioner's Sugar. Now I know that this fancy name is what I refer to as plain out "powdered sugar", but I was moving along too fast and ended up dumping 2 cups of granulated sugar into the bowl before I caught my mistake. I "tried" to remove most of the granulated stuff, but a lot soaked into my dip before I could remove it. I then added about 1.5 cups of powdered sugar...but to no avail. It was DISGUSTING.
So the whole thing went down the drain or into the garbage.
I contributed my usual to the potluck: Triscuits and cheese dip. Straight from Walmart.
(Beezatches: You really have to be careful how much you compliment me.
1. Garlic Bread
2. Bars soaked in cooler water
3. The above story.)
4 comments:
LOL!!! I will make sure that you just bring chips and dip next time we are all together! :)
I do admire you and your trying, I don't even attempt!
What's funny is that I usually get really upset when something flops. But lately, I say "screw it!" and am even willing to try it one more time.
(Such as the garlic bread. I DID try it one more time at my friend Yvonne's and BURNT IT again. So no more garlic bread for me, EVER!)
You are FUNNY! Even if you have had some kitchen disasters....you make the best waffles on the planet!
I really thought the water added a flavor to the bars I hadn't ever had before. You're still my Rachel Ray! :o)
Post a Comment