It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Best 2 Years of Our Lives...

Late June 2006

The early morning hours of July 5th, 2006. Our very first family picture.

Just 2 weeks old. Look how his little sock is sliding off! (Those baby socks never fit him, as his feet were too long...but I sure tried!


My little "pudgecicle" as I called him in those days....couldn't hardly sit up on his own at 6 months. I think he only wore this cute outfit once or twice.

I remember taking this picture and feeling a little sad at how grown up he looked at 9 months. He was standing for one of the first times!

Happy 1st Birthday, baby boy...

Being a goof ball at 18 months.

Playing with your toes at about 21 months...you always take your socks and shoes off in the car, no matter what the weather is like! And on this day, it was COLD!

My little farmer....he loves those tractors! Thankfully Bumpa has several. Taken July 1st, 2008.
Almost bigger than the "Watch Me Grow" dog you used to get buried in.
Happy 2nd Birthday, my little "man".

**************************
Tears fill my eyes as I go through the past 2 years in pictures, trying to remember what you felt like when you were little, and didn't try to fight me when I changed your diaper. I sometimes pick you up from your changing table (that I still refuse to quit using, because it keeps you fairly-still when I'm trying to change you!) and I yell, "Congratulations, you have a 30 pound baby boy!" I try to hold you like I did when you were only 8 lbs....and you refuse to lay there, squirming to "up, mama, get up".

You are talking in full sentences now, and you amaze your daddy and I every day at the things you point out to us, and say aloud. Such as "I fah-ted", when we try to get you to say "Toot" and then, "Excuse Me". You think it's so funny already....you are such a boy. Who taught you that, anyway?

I love how you have such pent-up energy in the mornings, and you run around the house screaming your head off, and dancing to whatever music the TV is playing.
I love how you say "Mama" and how excited you get when you see Daddy after work, and Nana, and Auntie Katie.

You are so loved, and you've made the past 2 years of my life the best I've ever experienced. I pray for a lifetime more of these memories. I just wish I could freeze you at this age and hold onto you for a couple more years as a toddler.

We love you, Gage Thomas Fox.

6 comments:

jenny said...

oh - happy two years to gage! it goes by fast! before we know it, they'll be riding their bikes, driving to school, dating! aaah! have a great weekend! :)

Jaci said...

Awwww. It is crazy remembering those doggy pictures--and looking at him now--bigger than the dog!

He's a wonderful boy, and will be an awesome big brother. Happy Birthday Gage!

Swanson Family said...

Happy Birthday Gage!

The Van Nuland Family said...

Happy Birthday Gage.

Mary and Andy B said...

Seems like just yesterday we were meeting for the first time at Baby Talk. The 2 yrs have gone by sooooo fast! Looks like he has had a blast the last 2 ys, it will only get better as time goes on, especially once that new baby comes along! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Gage!! Love to you all!

A Day In The Life.... said...

Happy Birthday Gage!