It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Monday, July 14, 2008

Trimester One: Check!

Wow. Can you believe I am able to tell you that I'm now in my 2nd trimester of pregnancy #2? Well, folks, I sure am.

I really can't tell you much about the past 6 weeks. They truly are a blur. I started feeling gross around week 7 or 7.5...and now I'm at week 12, so this is about all I know.
I definitely was not as ill this time around as with Gage, but man, 1st trimester pregnancies sure tend to kick my a$$. I truly felt as if I'd been hit by a bus on a daily basis. All I know is that I never cooked one meal (does pouring milk into the cereal count?), hardly washed one dish, and I think I vacuumed once or twice. My son did end up fed and clean, so I must have come around occasionally to be a mother (emptying the pee in the potty makes me gag, and dirty diapers are the worse right now!)

Thank God for Tim. That is all I can say.

My belly has finally popped and I broke down and put the maternity pants on. I just wish I was that "glowing" kind of pregnant lady. But man, I sure am not. I look as tired and rough as I feel. But now I can say I only have 6 more months to go, which sounds really promising! I do try to be positive, really I do...
but I'm just one of those people that would take that baby at it's due date and skip the whole pregnancy thing. I like my body when it's all mine. I guess I don't like to share!

Tim's grandpa Bitney passed away this past Thursday. We are heading to Shell Lake tomorrow for the funeral, minus Gage. He is going to daycare.
"Bud" Bitney was 91 years old and lived a very full and happy life. It will be a sad day of remembrance, and condolences go out to my mother-in-law and all of her siblings on the death of their father.

No comments: