It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Healing

As a family we are healing.

Last week was rough. I would be lying if I said otherwise. Thank you to every single person that emailed, called, came over to visit, offered to take Gage, offered me a drink (I haven't had one yet!) and anything and everything else that was offered, including your thoughts and prayers.

We feel really blessed to be so loved by so many people. I know I take care of my family and friends, too, so what goes around comes around, but I am not used to be being taken care of. Nothing bad ever happens to me. Everyone else has miscarriages, but not me.

It's amazing how fast you realize you're invincible.

I am on the road to recovery. I do not plan to talk about this on my blog anymore, however I felt I needed a follow up. And truthfully, there really isn't anything else to report on within our household. We've just been laying low since we found out the news last Thursday and I had a procedure to take care of things on Friday, and physically and emotionally healing and resting ever since.

I did go and see my baby niece, Lilly, yesterday. I held her all day long. She is the sweetest little button in the whole wide world. She has gained one pound since she has been home, although getting her to eat is quite a chore. She's a stubborn little bug; not quite sure who she gets that from (Carrie??)

We are laying low on Friday and Saturday again. It feels nice not to have plans. It seems the whole summer was planned out in detail just two months ago. But sometimes the stars align in such a way that "someone" says, "RELAX" and circumstances make you do it. We are leaving on Sunday to spend a few days at a friends' cabin. That will be our vacation for the summer. Very relaxing and much needed for all 3 of us. I then have 2 girls' weekends coming up in August, a girls' day tubing event, and a family wedding (Cousin Anne--can you email me your blog link again?? I cannot find it). August will be good, since June was a blur and I spent the majority of it on the couch.

I hope everyone is still enjoying their summer which is flying by faster than ever. It is my favorite season, but seems to be the one that lasts the least amount of time. Winter drags on and on....but summer flies.

1 comment:

Anne said...

bitneyan.blogspot.com



:)


Lots of love from all of us! If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask :)