Gage was a really good helper. The one thing about having your kids help out in the kitchen---you CANNOT stress out about the mess, or nobody will have any fun. This is something that only having a 2-year-old has helped me to learn. It all cleaned up just fine, and we all had a great time!
It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik
Monday, October 20, 2008
Baking Sunday
I was inspired by my friend Leah and decided to bake some Halloween cookies with Gage. He had a blast, but enjoyed licking the spoon and eating the finished product the most. I also decided that I needed to make applesauce in the crockpot, since we bought so many apples at the orchard AND I have a potluck on Tuesday so I made up the dough for Spice cookies and will be serving those with a cream-cheese pumpkin dip. SHEESH. (Don't) call me Rachel Ray!


Gage was a really good helper. The one thing about having your kids help out in the kitchen---you CANNOT stress out about the mess, or nobody will have any fun. This is something that only having a 2-year-old has helped me to learn. It all cleaned up just fine, and we all had a great time!

Gage was a really good helper. The one thing about having your kids help out in the kitchen---you CANNOT stress out about the mess, or nobody will have any fun. This is something that only having a 2-year-old has helped me to learn. It all cleaned up just fine, and we all had a great time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sounds like a fabulous weekend! you crammed a ton of fun in there--holy cow. good for you!
:o)
I will call you Martha instead. Would you like to come to my place this weekend and do all my baking? I promise to supply the wine!
Looks like all three of you had a blast!
nice work! holy cow! I am so impressed. I don't know if I could do it... I am attempting it this weekend for my dad's birthday baking I am doing, but still... makes me nervous!
Post a Comment