It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Another "50%" weekend...

Quick disclaimer:
Due to my being so down and out the past 3 months now, there really is little "news" to report. So what went from being a pretty boring blogsite has now shifted into a really boring blogsite! My apologies.

So for the past 3 weekends, I have had one really good day, and one really lousy one. It's frustrating, because I'm really starting to feel better overall, but I've learned an important lesson that I've reinforced two separate times: No eating sweets after 8 pm at night.

The difference between this pregnancy and my pregnancy with Gage is that with Gage, I craved sweets. I couldn't get enough of them, especially ice cream. I know I'm still early, but other than one ice cream blizzard a few weeks ago, I am completely turned off by anything sweet! So this weekend, I had a bar at a party...
and was up all night violently nauseated and vomiting. ARGH! Last weekend it was puppy chow, (which as my beezatches know is something I cannot put down!!) and I payed for that all night Saturday and into Sunday. So, I guess I've got to watch it. I'd love to say it will probably help me to keep the weight off, but HA HA HA, I've been eating like a cow. When I get my lazy rear end off the couch and grab my camera, I'll post my first belly picture so you can I'm not exaggerating.

On Saturday Tim and I spent the entire day and evening together...ALONE. It was so overdue! My mom and Ken came and spent the day at our house and Tim and I took off around 11:30 and had lunch together with (get this) uninterrupted conversation!! I think we spent aboout an hour and a half there; we sat at least for thirty minutes after eating and just talked. It was so nice. We ran some household (fun) errands (rugs for the hallways) and then browsed Ikea and the Mall of America. Both places were complete zoos, but it's funny how little I care about crowds when I'm not pushing a stroller or trying to maintain a toddler. I could live at the MOA. Really.

We then headed out for dinner at my favorite mexican restaurant, El Loro, located near my old work. That was another good conversation and a meal I was able to chew slowly and enjoy!!
After dinner, we went to our dear friends Tim and Julie's house for our annual "white elephant" gift exchange and game night. These are all past co-workers of mine from two jobs ago...
but we have all remained good friends and have so much fun together! There's Julie, Tim, Jeff, Duane, Erika, Bob, and Kristin; and two of Julie and Tim's friends were there they we all met and they joined in the fun. Usually I'm the one causing a ruckass, as I've showed my buns before after 10 glasses of wine...
so there were some brief walks down memory lane of Jill's past drunken antics. I tried to reassure them that I'm still fun, even when pregnant, but my butt crack did stay in my pants this year!

Today was spent on the couch, in my pajamas, feeling very lousy. But we won't dwell into that again.

15 weeks today! Only 25 (technically) to go!

No comments: