Since this blog isn't (and to keep my readers at the edge of their seats) and shouldn't be "all about me" and my pregnancy drama, I thought I'd talk a bit about our little man and the "Mr. Independence" he is turning out to be.
We are successfully potty training the past week. I had been trying to encourage it for the past month or so, buying some "big boy undies" with Spider Man, and even though he wore them once for me, he really preferred his diaper and/or pull ups. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of pull ups, as they really only seem to work for naptime and when we are going to be in the car to prevent a mess. I think Gage feels like it's still a diaper, so he doesn't pay too much attention to telling us when he has to go pee.
This past week, all on his own, he has decided he wanted to wear his big boy undies and has been doing amazing. He tells us when he has to go and we've only had 1 pee accident in the past week. Really! We still wear diapers to bed, and pull ups to nap, but he's been in his underwear pretty much all day for going on 7 days now. Today, he went into the bathroom on his own, without the normal announcing of "I got to go pee!" and when we heard the toilet flush, we realized he had went all on his own. So, I'm hoping that this continues.
He has been singing up a storm, lately, as well. Not sure (HA HA HA) where he gets THAT from, but his current favorites to sing out loud are "Ring Around the Rosie", "Baa Baa Blacksheep", and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". I love to hear him sing; it's so precious. When I try to sing with him half the time he yells for me to stop. Bummer.
Gage has also decided that he wants to dress himself. I try to offer help, but he usually replies with, "No, I do it!" so I let him have at it. He's been pretty good about letting me help him if he puts his pants or underwear on backwards. (Side Note: Backwards undies are cute...his little butt cheeks hang out the back...I just want to squeeze them!)
He also want to clean his place at the dinner table, pick up his own toys (only when he wants to, not when we ask!) and loves to help feed Jazz. He loves our kitty (he and I both affectionately call her "Daisy Maisy" and even though he chases her around the house with his toy vacuum cleaner, she tends to follow him whereever he goes. It's sweet.
He really has been a sweetheart, too. He pulled my sweatshirt up tonight to expose my belly and wanted to see the "babies in there?" Yesterday he said he wanted two sisters, and today it was two brothers. We'll see!
I think that is about it. Of course he is doing and saying new things each and every day and depsite all of my added couch time, I've been having fun watching and listening to he and Tim play around the house. I think we are all getting ready for winter to be over so we can get outdoors again soon.
1 comment:
sounds awesome.
Post a Comment