It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Underwear Overload

My son is potty trained! I haven't wanted to post about it, for fear of jinxing ourselves, as I understand he is very early as compared to most of the boys I know. We had introduced it and talked about it starting a few months ago already, as several of Gage's little buddies who are about 6-8 months older than him were just successfully trained around their 3rd birthdays. I had bought pull-ups (which I truly feel are a waste of money, but more on that at a later date) and some "big boy undies". Walmart only had Spiderman/Incredible Hulk ones but my dear sister bought some Disney character ones that Gage is more familiar with. Ever since he saw those "Car" undies, and especially the Buzz Lightyear ones, he's been hooked! (Thanks, Katie!)

We still wear a pull-up or diaper to bed and to nap, as I'm not ready to be changing sheets every night yet...
but other than a very few (two??) pee accidents in the past 3 weeks, Gage goes completely on his own, and mostly without even telling us anymore. All of a sudden we'll hear the toilet flush and "I peed!" and he'll come running down the hall with a grin. He does announce to anyone who is listening that "I hafta go poop", and usually wants us to view his production when finished. (Is this a boy thing???)

The Underwear obsession has started, however.
We usually go through 2-3 pairs on average per day, and NOT because they are dirty or wet. Because "someone" wants to wear a new pair every time he thinks of it! This is what I caught him doing the other day, while I was in the shower:
I counted. He had 8 pairs of underwear on his body. He had 5 pairs on the bottom half, and 3 on his head.
He proceeded to tell me that he was "going on a motorcyle" and this was his "helmet".
He also likes to put his own socks on now and loves to find the socks that mommy dislikes the most....the ones that match nothing he owns.

5 comments:

Jaci said...

That is one of the funniest pictures I've seen in a long time. Seriously, only Gage! I love it. Smooch him for me. What a doll.

Swanson Family said...

Very cute. I was laughing. If only I would let Ty get a hold of all his undies.. I think that I would have this sort of result!

A Day In The Life.... said...

That is hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

That's so cute Jill - and what great pictures to bring out when he's in high school. PS: I don't think it's a boy thing. All the girls wanted us to see their poo too!

Honneli

Jill said...

Try potty training in the middle of morning sickness. I'd have to dump the poo out (and the pee sometimes made me sick, too!), flush really quick, then gag into the toilet. It's better now (and he's going on the big toilet now instead of the stupid little one) but seriously! Not a great time to be cleaning out poo streaks when you feel like CRAP!