I tried a super easy recipe in the crock pot yesterday and wanted to share, b/c if you love chili like I do, you will surely love this recipe!
Crock Pot Chili
Brown 1 lb. hamburger or turkey with 2 C. chopped onions until the meat is brown and the onion is translucent.
Transfer to a 3.5 qt or larger crockpot/slowclooker.
Stir in:
1 can (39 oz) tomato puree
1 can EACH of black beans, chickpeas, and red kidney beans, rinsed
1 can zesty diced tomatoes w/ green chilies (I didn't have any w/ green chilies, so just used zesty diced tomatoes)
3 Tbsp chili powder (more for spicier chili)
1 Tbsp chopped garlic
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 8-10 hours.
*Can be made up the night before and put in the fridge for an easy warmed up meal the next day!
VERY, very good and highly recommended!!!
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment