It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Belly Pictures

Why, may I ask, was it so much more exciting to watch my belly grow the first time I did this? Do any of my friends/readers feel this way? I LOVED to watch my belly grow when I was pregnant with Gage, and now this time around, I look at these pictures and just cringe. Maybe it's because I know that I am only 17 weeks along and could easily pass for 7 months along....
but I have to keep reminding myself that there are TWO babies in there, and that is obviously (duh) going to make a difference. Plus, my body is more prepared this time around, too.

Please don't get me wrong; I am so excited to be pregnant this time around, and am especially excited to be having two! Especially since I was feeling so awful for those first 3 months, I'm relishing in the fact that I wake up and am vomit-free ALL DAY LONG, and have been cooking meals again, and actually playing with Gage! And I also don't mean to be vain; I just can't believe how big I am getting....and fast! Ah!

If you can't vent about it on the blog....then where can you??

(And very truthfully, I am NOT looking for reassurance that I am "looking so good", or "your belly is so cute"--really and truly. I just needed a place to put the pictures that I know I'm sharing with mostly family and friends and wanted to make sure you all knew that I know you may be gasping when you see my belly!!!!!)


See how much smaller it looks when I'm in "action"???

3 comments:

Jaci said...

Not gonna lie-I gasped! You look adorable. Absolutely hugely beautifully blessedly adorable! You make a great pregnant lady...seriously.

Can't wait to see you on Saturday!

Jill said...

Thanks. I just got off my Facebook page and saw pictures of my cute little cousin and her best friend, a full month ahead of me with each of their firsts and a whole hell of a lot smaller.....standing there in their freaking bikinis looking like little pregnant hotties.

Sigh.

Swanson Family said...

not gasping because you are pregnant. You look great. cant wait to see you on the 15th.