It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Monday, February 2, 2009

Our Valentine's Day...

I'm a frequent visitor to Audrey's page over at Mom Generations. They have really cool give-aways and Audrey has been doing 365 days of fashion advice for busy moms. Even though she is about a quarter of my size (she's a tiny little thang) and some of her fashion suggestions cannot be used by me right now (yeah, like my starting-to-pudge pregnant belly should be emphasized with a big, thick belt around my waist! HA!) she has already helped me to answer a few fashion questions I wouldn't have known where else to ask.

For this Valentine's Day, in order to try and win an ipod Touch and a itunes gift card, (woot woot!) I have to write a post about my plans for this Valentine's Day. I'm hoping my answer doesn't ruin my chances, as being 4 months pregnant with twins, we don't have anything "fun" scheduled this year. I've pretty much been down and out on the couch and laying low for the past month and a half...and even though we were invited to some of our friends' house for a party in the evening, we've opted to stay home this year. Even though they are all going to have so much fun....(sigh).

I think we will most likely feed Gage dinner, bathe him and put him to bed, and then Tim and I will eat together ALONE after bedtime. Yes, I'm sure I'll eat both with Gage and then again with Tim (hee hee) but at least we can have some alone-time conversation and time together. I just have to be honest and say I don't feel like going anywhere this year...
I've been so tired that during the majority of the days, all I can think of is sleep. My precious, beautiful, bed...
and a good 10 hours of sleep.


So, that is our super romantic Valentine's Day this year. We have many, many more years to go and doing something fun, sharing the evening with friends, or even a dinner out alone. But this year--I think I'll request a foot massage and I'll offer a back massage to even things out!

Check out the site...
she's fun--and you can also link to her sister and her mom, who give two different prospectives on things. I relate to Audrey right now...but her sister and mom are both great writers as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jill, You are too sweet!! I hadn't gotten to officially see the sonogram photos yet!! YAHOO! I love you dream about the boy and the girl... I'm thinking a boy and a girl, too! I can't wait to find out! And you look amazing - absolutely AMAZING!
xoxo,Audrey