To answer a few questions that I seem to be getting asked a lot.
1. I plan to go as full-term with these boys as I can. I have absolutely no plans for induction or scheduled C-Section, unless an emergency were to happen. My Doctor is completely in favor of natural birth, unless I were to go into labor early, start losing amniotic fluid, etc. and something would need to be done.
2. I absolutely DO want to go natural with these boys. By saying "natural" I DO mean with meds. HELL YEAH. I truly believe in epidurals. I had a very good birthing experience with Gage, and I really do not want a C-Section unless it's the only option, which we wouldn't know until the time it needed to happen!
3. My 40-week due date is August 3rd. My doctor has delivered many twins on or around their due date. Yes, I will be huge. Yes, I will be extremely uncomfortable. However; I can hold out as long as needed. I want them as healthy as they can be!
4. Personally, I am looking at the week of July 19th. This would be right around 37 weeks. Let's pray I can get there!
As for what I look like:
As for what I found out at my 28-week appointment today:
Both babies are currently head down, side by side. This is good! They can move a lot yet, but we are really hoping they both stay head down from here on out...will make the naturally delivery option much easier!
Each boy is weighing right around the 2.5 lb mark. One was 2 lbs, 11 oz, and one was about 2 lb 13 oz. These are just estimations, but either way, I like those numbers! I did get a really great picture of one of the babies, as he was super cooperative and practically smiled at the camera. However, Baby B was being a stinker and wouldn't turn his head. So the best shot we got of him was barely a side profile. You can see some detail, but nothing like with baby A.
Isn't this SO cool?!?!?!? I used to think that these 3D shots were kinda creepy, but when they are your own babies....wow. They are absolutely amazing. I do have to add (b/c the Dr. said so) that this babies nose is not as wide as it appears to be on the top (bridge of the nose). There was something (possibly the umbilical cord) right there. And yes--those are his FEET by his mouth!!!!!!!!! SWEET!
If this one is confusing...
basically it's a side profile, of baby looking to his right. In the middle of the picture, going up, you are looking at a chin, the lips, nose, and into the forehead. This baby DOES have a full size head, the picture just didn't grab it all, so towards the right of the photo, it's dark where his head still is. Hope that helps. If not, sorry!
I was very excited after today's appointment. The numbers on the scale are starting to give me slight moments of panic, but when I think about it...I am carrying 5 lbs. of baby right now, and am about 10 lbs. under what I weighed when I was at 40 weeks with Gage....so it makes sense. It will just be hard to see those numbers climb...and climb...and climb...
knowing I have a good two months to go!
6 comments:
very cool.
Awesome pictures!!!
You look so cute, I can't wait to see you and squeeze you on Saturday!
Rock on Jill. You are such a trooper. Keep it up!
Jill-
You look fabulous and I love this blog! Hang in there and hope to see you soon!
Leah Smith
YOU.LOOK.SO.AWESOME
Hope the aches and pains aren't too terrible. It won't be long till they arrive!
Post a Comment