It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day 2009


I had such a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.
My mom came up on Saturday and Tim and Gage had boy time and Mom and I went shopping. Whereas shopping is my favorite pasttime, especially with my mom or my sister when we can just browse and linger in and out of stores, this year was a little different. I had several errands I really wanted to take care of without the "help" of my toddler. By the time these stores were finished, and lunch was had, this mama had one heck of a backache. So we cut out early and came home...so I could lay on the couch in my jammies. This is why I love my mom. I never have to entertain her, or feel like I have to.



On Sunday after church, we went out for a very nice brunch. Gage was excellent at the meal, and ate like a champion (not always the case). Mom had a mimosa; I had a sprite n' orange juice. Lucky me.
I received a gift card from Tim, and beautiful candle holder picked out especially for me from Gage. My mom gave me a beautiful vase. I received phone calls from my dad and sister, and several text messages from great friends.

All in all it was a fabulous weekend and I felt so blessed and refreshed when I woke up Monday morning.

No comments: