It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Thursday, May 14, 2009

WI Dells Trip

The first weekend of May, we met Tim's cousin Aaron, his wife Gina, and their two kids Laila and Jacob for a weekend in the Dells. We stayed at Mt. Olympus/Hotel Rome which has a large indoor water park, indoor "dry" park, outside "dry" park (rollercoasters and other rides) as well as a huge outdoor waterpark. Obviously, the outdoor water park wasn't opened yet, but we were able to take advantage of everything else the place has to offer.

Gage was in heaven from the moment we got there. He went down all the smaller water slides by himself, over and over again. I was in the water, too, but since I'm sporting a sexy maternity suit, I figured I would spare you all and just be the photographer for the weekend.
In the indoor "dry" park, there were several small kid rides, including tea-cups, bumper cars (had to go on with an adult), and a large indoor play area with foam balls that could be shot out of guns. Kind of reminded me of one of the obstacles on American Gladiators. The kids had a BLAST with this one, as you can imagine. I was even able to climb up inside...so this was one of the few things I could actually participate in!Gage pouting and refusing to take a picture with Laila and Jacob.Laila, age 5 and Jacob 3.5Other than the being the photographer, I ended up being a really good napper, too!

No comments: