One full week later, I will tell you all about our little trip out East, to visit Auntie "Tee Tee" and Uncle Johnny in New Jersey. I had a busy week with a couple of shows, catching up on laundry and cleaning, and hosting a mom's night out at my place, so this is the first chance I have had to upload any pictures!
Enjoy!

Gage did tremendously well on the plane. He wasn't scared at all during takeoff or landing. Even though lugging his carseat was a royal pain in the arse, it was well worth it. I only had to entertain Gage for the first half hour of each of our two flights; after that he was off to the Land of Nod and so was I!

Katie lives right here. At 11 Park Street. Gage recognized her building by the second day. There are about 6 buildings or so on one street block that all look like this, and we would be driving by one of them and he would say, "Go Tee Tee's house"...and get upset if we kept on driving. It was hard to explain that it DID look like Tee Tee's house, however it wasn't!

Here is Gage talking to his daddy on the phone and telling him all about his airplane ride.

We spent one day at the shore, Point Pleasant, and experienced the best weather possible for a September day at the shore. Gage absolutely loved the entire day. He was so pleasant, and so sweet, and all three of us had a blast. He really is a great kid. A stinker sometimes, but he didn't cry one time while we were out there. Not.One.Time.
Here we are (still picture above I'm talking about, just got a little off track for a second) at an Aquarium located on the boardwalk at Point Pleasant. The day started off a little cool, so we started off doing inside things, then moved ourselves onto the beach next to the leather-skinned seasonal folk that looked quite obviously as if they sat down in May and hadn't gotten up yet!!!!!

Most of the games and shops had closed down for the season, but we found a couple that were open and took full advantage!



Gage absolutely adored the beach. He started out in his clothes, with his pants rolled up...but he lost his balance at one point and fell in. He was a little startled, but as soon as I stripped him down, he forgot all about it and kept on playing.




Mama had to go and find some clearance racks, so we left with a new T-shirt and a pair of swim trunks for next year....all for $10!

Here was Gage literally 3 minutes after pulling out of the parking lot leaving the boardwalk. He was plum tuckered and slept all the way home, which took us longer than usual due to NYC/NJ traffic at 5pm. What were we thinking?!?!? Oh, he is holding onto a blow-up sword that he won in the fishing game!

Aunt Tee Tee made a fort in her living room two nights in a row. We made "pock-corn" (how Gage pronounces it) and watched movies.

We spent one day in NYC, which Gage seemed to enjoy, but truly seemed a little overwhelmed. I mean, we ARE raising a little redneck, and the city can be quite over-stimulating. We found a few parks to play at in Central Park...and spent a good majority of the day there.

A granite slide built right into a rock! Cool!!!





Saying "cheeeeese" yet refusing to look at the camera...the new thing.

At Toys R Us, and then below, us on the giant indoor ferris wheel. We got to sit in the Toy Story one!!!!! That is our favorite!


And what would be a blog of NYC without none other than the (in)famous Naked Cowboy. You should have seen the women flocking to him. Silly.
2 comments:
Looks like you and Gage had a fabulous time.
I cannot believe you saw the naked cowboy. Hilarious.
Very cool! love the naked cowboy picture! I didn't see him last Friday night... wish I would have!
Post a Comment