It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Friday, September 26, 2008

Our Anniversary

Tim and I celebrated 6 years of marriage this past Sunday, September 21st, and 12 years of being together! Crazy!
So I took a little trip down memory lane...

I had come up with the idea that we should go back to Menomonie (where we met, of course) and take a bike ride on the Red Cedar bike trail as a family, and go out for lunch at one of my favorite places, the Acoustic Cafe (which happens to be where Tim and I went on our second date and I accidentally spit food at him when we were talking and he still brings it up!!!).
We live much closer to Menomonie now, so this can easily be a day trip. The Red Cedar bike trail was where my parents first met Tim; we spent a day back in October of 1996 riding our bikes along the trail and going out for dinner afterward. So I guess all of the landmarks we hit up on Sunday had some meaning to them...

Gage loved riding in his new bike trailer. I just bought it this summer but we had never used it yet. He is sleeping in the back. Too cute. (P.S. Doesn't Tim look fabulous? He's down 75+ lbs.) Takin' a snack break!


Once I knew we were going to go to Menomonie, I got to thinkin'....
Since I had a show in Neillsville on Monday night and would be driving there, maybe one of my parents could meet us in Menomonie, take Gage home with them for the night, and Tim and I could have an evening to ourselves? It worked out perfectly.

We went out for dinner at the restaurant where we had our very first date! And let me tell ya...nothing has changed! Not the atmosphere, the decorations, the menu....
it looked the same as it did in 1996. Not quite sure if that is a good thing or not, but the food was fantastic and after sharing with the waitress (who was a young little thang...probably a college student!!) that it was our anniversary and this was the restaurant that we had visited on our very first date blah blah blah, she brought us out a huge ice cream sundae to share. Oh, the romance!! And then this guy came out of the back room with a violin and the cook marched out and serenaded us with a song and everyone stood up and started clapping, and I was crying.
(That whole last run-on sentence is a crock of crap, but it sure sounded good, didn't it???).

I love you, Tim!




And this last picture is a shout out to some of my ole' college pals that read my site; the Tiki bar is still open and running....
oh, the memories!

1 comment:

A Day In The Life.... said...

Congrats on six years! What a great day you two got to share!