It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Sunday, September 14, 2008

"Leaving....on a Jet Plane" (so wish me luck!)

Well, I'm finally going to do it. I'm taking Gage on his first airplane trip....by myself! I think Katie is flying with us, but I'm not counting on it until I see her at the gate. That will be helpful!
We are heading to New Jersey to spend the week with my sis and her husband. I say the week, but we should be back by Friday. I think 5 days is long enough to spend away from home! I think we have plans to go into NYC one day (what, are we nuts?!?!?! With a TWO year old!?) and then to PA for a day (only 1.5 hour drive) to see the "Thomas the Tank Engine" museum and a Wild Wild West town. I'll take lots of pictures and get them posted for all to see!

We had visitors this weekend; Carrie, Don and the kids came for overnight on Saturday night and then we headed to the Renaissance Festival today on free tickets that Don won on a radio station. Kind of glad they were free...we only spent 3 hours there, as it started to pour around 1pm and did not let up. We were so soaked by the time we got to our car that I had to wring Gage's blanket out and squeeze the water out of the bottom of my jacket. It was worth it for the meal and Gage got a pony ride AND a giant swing ride. Better luck next year, but it was fun while it wasn't raining!