It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Thursday, September 4, 2008

New Season, New Look

I have so much to update on...
but so very little time.

The moments I get to be on my computer without interruption usually consist of doing something related to my jewelry business. Which, I may add, is still continuing to boom. Loving it, loving it...
but it sure keeps me busy.

My grandma O. passed away this past Saturday. She had been in ill health for awhile now, with a failing heart and requiring oxygen. She fell and broke her hip several weeks ago and seemed to decline from there. She was 89 and out of 8 children, and many grandchildren, has only experienced the death of 2 grandchildren and 1 brother. Amazing.
Katie and Johnny were here for the wake and funeral, and they stayed with us again last night so I could get them to the airport. Needless to say, it's been a long "short" week, if that makes any sense at all.

Tim is keeping busy with work and starting to prepare for the fall hunting season. We had to deal with Jazz's injury all summer long, which resulted in two surgery's on his front left paw and now is hopefully healing after several months of dealing with it. Let's just say that the entertainment center we've had our eye on for about a year now was invested in the dog's paw.

I continue to keep busy with the normal things I write about. I am planning on taking a meditation class and a comedy acting class through community education this fall/winter. Just some things on my mental "list" that I would like to do in my lifetime. Should be interesting. I also hope to sign Gage up for swimming lessons, as well as to continue our weekly playdates and being a part of the area mom's group. Gage and I are also planning a trip out to New Jersey in two weeks. We are going to try flying buddy passes through Kate, so not sure of the exact dates and times of our departure. I've started purchasing goodies for a "fun" bag to dig into during the flight. I'm nervous already.

Gage is growing like a weed. I cannot believe the before and after pictures of him this summer. He has grown taller and thinned out...
for being such a chub of a baby (I think I used to call him my "pudgesicle pants??") he is definitely grown into a thin toddler. And toddler he is. He talks up a storm, sasses back with "No, I don't want to", or "No I don't like it" more times than not. He chooses when he wants to eat, and what he wants to eat. (Yes, we make him sit for mealtimes, but that is our most difficult time of the day!!)
He is currently sprouting one faded bruise on the center of his forehead, one bruise on his left cheek and a brand new red scratch on his right cheek. All of these have resulted from falls that follow the word "Supermaaaaaan" and a thud.

He climbs everything, loves to run away from you, and thinks it's even funnier when you start coming after him. He made it down the center aisle of the church during the funeral mass yesterday and thought it was funny. Nobody was laughing.

(Maybe I was inside? It WAS cute).

No comments: