She always has cookies for you when you visit, talks about the "something-something bisque" she is making for dinner (Here's me...what is "bisque"? Then I remember it was the name of my tomato soup I took out of the Campbell's can last night for dinner...."tomato bisque".) and just all over fully-on-top of everything mom of two. (Don't be embarrassed, Yvonne, be FLATTERED....really!)
So when we go there to "play", the play doh is out on the table, with some sprinkled on the carpet...the markers are sitting out, the kids eat their ice cream sandwiches while running around with milky white drippings dropping off of their chins on the....(wince) carpet...and Yvonne will say, "Don't worry, it cleans up. They are only kids once!". And her house is clean! No spotless, of course, but lovingly lived in. The toys are out just like at our house, so a stranger would know that kids live there, but it is always picked up and clean. Amazing.
I digress.
So I am trying, really and truly trying, to make this my newest motto.
Here is where I started:
95 degrees
Blazing hot sun
Gage wants Ice Cream (and maybe mommy does too)
No place indoors to get any
Okay!
And to be quite honest, after the use of about 14 wet wipes, it cleaned up pretty good! (Now the stroller seat is another story. That one will need the washing machine!)
(If anyone watches "Jon and Kate plus 8 on TLC they would know that she and I would most likely not get along...
she cries when one of her kids get one drop of ice cream on their clothes. But I guess she DOES have 7 more than me......)
3 comments:
You're right. You only get to be young once. Let them enjoy it. My trick is not to spend too much money on clothes, because I know that they'll end up with ketchup, chocolate, dirt....on it. :)
I agree! Couldn't have said it better myself.
And although I have tuned in for Jon & Kate plus 8...I think she's a nazi and that her husband is a tool. Sure it's cute & I get it--and a lot of it mirrors some of my childhood (not all, I'm not saying it--but a general chaos). She is off the charts.
heck yeah, just enjoy the moment. kids will be kids and that's how it should be. i LOVE that photo series with the ice cream - he looks like he was in heaven!
Post a Comment