It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Gassy 'n Sassy

Conversation takes place in the mini-van on the way to meet daddy at church for a community dinner and both mom and dad have meetings on this night. Mom has told Gage that a) they are going to the church, b) to meet daddy, and c) to have dinner (spaghetti).

Gage: "Mama, where going?"
Mom: "We are going to the church"
Gage: "Why?"
Mom: "To see Daddy and eat spaghetti".
Gage: "Mama, I farted"
Mom: "Gage, we don't say that word. We say "toot". Say, 'I tooted. Excuse me'."
Gage: "I farted"
Mom: "Gage Thomas. Say 'tooted' and then 'Excuse Me'."
Gage: "I farted."
Mom: (Ignores last comment)
Gage: "Mama, where going?"
Mom: "Where did I tell you we were going, Gage?"
Gage: "Church. See daddy. Eat saghetti.
I tooted. 'Scuse me."

4 comments:

The Foskett Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Foskett Family said...

TOO CUTE! We miss You and Tim and Gage! I can't believe how fast these little boys are growing up!

A Day In The Life.... said...

Hilarious. I love this age.

Jaci said...

Oh yeah, that's the official "F" word in our house. Q's favorite way to phrase it is, "Mama, did you fart?" Ouch, that hurts. He does pretty well most of the time though.

Hilarious!