It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Highs and Lows

Highs:
Ran a 5k on Saturday morning.
Ordered a new entertainment center for our living room
My Mom and Ken were here for the weekend
We had our annual "game night/White Elephant exchange" with great friends
Went sledding with Gage and it was FUN
All 3 kiddos were in fabulous moods the entire weekend. Not much for naps from the babies, but that is nothing new.

Lows:
Came in dead last in the 5k (only about 20 participants; it's through my gym and they host one every month). My time was 32:35 which was what I usually run. Just a little over an 11 minute mile. Nothing to brag about, but at least I did it!
Drank a little too much at game night...didn't get sick, but longed for a nap all day today and will be going to bed as soon as Gage goes down in about 15 minutes.
Slipped on the ice when leaving game night. It was icy, as we both almost fell when we got there, but the wine didn't help with any balance issues, I'm sure.
Struggling with a problem in my left hip. Ever since the twins were born, it gets irritated when I run, so as I am not willing to give up running, I need to make an appointment to have it checked out. Maybe as early as this week. I was hoping to start training for a half marathon, but I may have to put that thought aside until I figure out what is going on.
Landon is sick again. Seriously. Wheezy, sneezy, and snotty. I am calling the Dr. tomorrow morning to ask about allergy testing, lung issues, etc. This is ridiculous. The ONLY place I take the babies is to a drop-in daycare at the gym 3-4 times per week. They are sick for one week, are healthy for exactly one week, then sick again. This is Round 3. I cannot keep doing this, so we have to figure something out.

The Lows definitely look longer, but overall it was a great weekend. Sledding was awesome. Gage and I had so much fun.
The house is a mess, there are still loads of laundry to be folded and dried, but sleep rules tonight!

No comments: