It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Monday, February 22, 2010

This has been...

...the longest winter of my life.
First of all, in regard to the daily posting, I didn't realize how pathetically boring I would be. The week is almost over and then I'll go back to posting every month or so, so that I actually have something to talk about.

Both Tim and I went to bed at 8:30 last night. Landon got up at 9:30, and I got up with him. Went back down a little after 10. Bronson woke up at this time, so Tim got up with him. 15 minutes later Landon got up again.
So both Tim and I sat up until at least 11 with babies that seemed wide awake and ready to play.

A little blurry on exact time, but I know I was up again around 2, and then again at 4:30 and I know that Tim was up in between here with one of the babies. Finally when Landon was up at 4:30, I brought him back into bed with me and we both slept until 7:30.

He sounds awful. Sounds like he is having an asthma attack just sitting in his exersaucer or on my lap. We are headed into to see my Dr. (their Dr. has been impossible to get in with, frustrating) shortly and I am just going to tell her that I need to find out what is going on. Enough of "It's just a bad season" B.S. I don't know if they can do allergy testing on an infant, or if they can find out of their are lung issues....I don't know. But Tim and I cannot keep doing this every other week. It's pure and simple misery for us, and that is not counting how the babies feel.
Bronson is still doing okay, but I make an appointment for him at the same time, because guaranteed tomorrow he will wake up sick. It's happened every single time.

So there. That is my pathetic Monday post. If time allows, I'll try to come up with something better to talk about than my sick babies...

3 comments:

The Foskett Family said...

OMG...I hope they get it under control. We had a horrible time with Nash in and out of the dr. with the whole BAD SEASON and then all of a sudden came the HORRIBLE croup that left my baby blue in the face and barely breathing. Something tells me my 6 or 7 it's a BAD SEASON visits could have been much more helpful and perhaps we could have avoided a very expenxive weekend of ER visits, ambulance ride, hospital stay, follow up visits (and who could forget the $400 in repairs to the mother in laws car that I backed into) OK....back to parent teacher conferences....I just had to see the babies so I could get away from the painfully long day I'm having!

Jaci said...

Hi!
I hope your day had some bright spots in it today after this 9 am post. I know that your humor and grace are getting you through days like this. There's nothing any one of us can say to make the clock tick faster with your sitch...but we're thinking about you!

I had a flash in my head of you and a typewriter at the hotel from "The Shining." Remember that movie? Where you're just typing: Sick babies. Sick baies. Sick babies. Sick babies. Sick babies. If you post something like that, I'll be in NR real quick, okay?!?

:o)

Jill said...

All work with all sick babies makes Jill a dull girl.