Hold onto your seats, folks. This is going to be one exciting post.
I was trying to come up with a simple topic that I could keep short and sweet, as I am still a little sleep deprived, dealing with sick babies, and getting prepared for a houseful of company this weekend. Hopefully a lot of photos will be taken this weekend and I will have plenty of fun stuff to share come Monday.
So let's talk about my television watching habits. And what it is I choose to tape on my DVR.
1. The Biggest Loser. (Tuesdays on NBC at 7 Central).
This is the one show I cannot miss and look forward to watching each and every season. Some seasons I like better than others, and this is a season I'm not particularly liking. I mean, I know they "need" the drama included to make for a good show, but I get so tired of the crying, and arguing, etc. I wish that they'd do challenges each week for immunity and then the person without immunity who loses the least amount would get sent home. A no-drama, make-sure-you-work-out-hard "game" where the loser (of the weigh in) just goes home. Simple. But not made for our reality-television-watching society.
2. Brothers and Sisters. (Sundays on ABC at 9 Central).
Love it. It's your typical nighttime soap opera, and sometimes the family dynamics are just ridiculously exaggerated, however it's a feel-good kind of show, and it's also made me come to enjoy Calista Flockhart, as she portrays her character so well. I didn't care for her as Ally McBeal.
3. The First 48 (Thursdays on A& E at 8 Central).
This is a show depicting the first 48 hours after a murder. Kinda disturbing at times, and it's the same old-same old each episode, so I don't always end up watching each one. But it's nice to have one to watch in the middle of the night when I happen to be up tending to a sick baby or while feeding during the day.
4. The Real World/Road Rules Challenge (Wednesdays on MTV at 9 Central).
So this is my "guilty pleasure". Some of my friends watch "Rock of Love with Brett Michels", some watch the Housewives of various counties...I watch MTV.
There isn't a challenge happening right now, but they usually do a couple a year. These are the most pathetic, drunken, horny "young adult" ranging in age from early 20's to a couple of has-beens that are in their 30's and still looking for fame. But I have to tell you that their ridiculous ways make me feel so much better about my life.
So I still watch.
So now it's your turn...
What's on YOUR DVR? Betcha it's more exciting than what's on mine!
5 comments:
I don't have a DVR, but my can't miss shows are.....
1. Intervention - it doesn't seem as extreme as it used to, but Mike and I watch this every Monday at 8pm on A&E
2. Desperate Housewives - not sure why, but I love it. Sundays at 8pm on ABC
Bought a DVR for Brad for his birthday.....have NO IDEA how to use it.
I do watch the Biggest Loser every week. I don't like this season either.
I also watch:
NFL (in season)
Survivor
I cannot believe I forgot to mention my new FAVORITE show...Modern Family" an ABC on Wednesdays at 8pm.
I don't get a lot of time to watch TV, so when I do...It's totally pre-planned & DVR'ed. My faves, when they are in season:
Top Chef
Hell's Kitchen
Hoarders
Obsessed
Millionaire Matchmaker (my new fave)
The Office
Parks & Rec
I used to be big into Project Runway, but its gotten away from me, and I can't add anything new to my schedule. No room! :o)
i love my dvr. on mine are:
1. days of our lives (thank leah for that obsession)
2. oprah (only watch the good shows)
3. desperate housewives.
4. celebrity apprentice.
5. 48 hours (cbs).
6. bachelor/bachelorette.
7. ice road truckers/ax men/swamp loggers (me and matt watch together - haha).
i had other things on there like biggest loser, dateline, cougar town ... but i have no time to watch it all. i rarely watch tv - just on lunch break and when i'm solo at home or weekends. i really do like watching 'the first 48' too! :)
Post a Comment