It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Scrap Camp

Disclaimer: If you do not scrapbook, or if you do not understand the fascination with making scrapbooks and spending hours upon hours sitting on your rear-end creating scrapbooks, you just may want to skip this post altogether. If you do continue with your reading, yet still do not understand the fascination with making scrapbooks, it is requested that no snide comments or references towards scrapbookers being weird or odd be made in the comment section. I thank you for your understanding.

Our Annual Trip:
My friend Karen and I head out every year in early January for our annual "scrap weekend" away. I think this past January was our 3rd year...with the hopes of many more to come.


We pack up our vehicle with all of our scrapbooking supplies (ridiculous amount), an overnight bag, and a bunch of groceries, liquor (yes, we drink at these things!), snack food, bottled water, and our own pillows.

Heading out the driveway...
for our "Christmas" lunch at Texas Roadhouse.

They have the BEST buttered buns this side of Texas!

We celebrate our Christmas together, exchanging gifts....


Then we arrive at our destination (one HUGE house with an attached scrapping room) and unload our things in our room and spread out at our scrapping table.
And then the "work" begins!

Karen


Marie


Gina

Marie makes me puppy chow every year...


And this year we were (blessed? cursed?) with a karoake machine that someone brought us to use.

Yeah. Get a couple of glasses of wine in me and I think I'm Joan Jett.



By far my favorite pages of the weekend. These pictures were the ones taken by my friend Marilyn and I really loved the pages I put together. These pages sum up the reason that I love to scrapbook. It's my art...and I love the quiet time and the friendship that these weekends bring me.
Can't wait until my next one in April....

5 comments:

A Day In The Life.... said...

i need to go with you...probably not in April, but keep me in mind after that.

The Foskett Family said...

Wow....those pages are AMAZING!!!! Your friend Marilyn took some awesome pics! I totally have to get back into scrapbooking that doesn't involve me dragging everything out and working like an ADHD puppy during my 3 hour toddler nap window and then cramming it all backn in the closet before they "help"

Swanson Family said...

I want to go too! I am honored you used some of the pics I took! so honored!
I am going be doing another family this week who saw the pictures I took at Grant's first birthday. I'll have to come and practice again on your little guys. its so much fun. and I am taking a class in April, so hopefully that will make it even that much better!

Karen :) said...

I love the blog Jill!! I will be going back of course. I LOVE that Jill and I get to spend these weekends together. Thanks to Jill I started scrapping. We even invite our mothers one weekend out of the year to join us.

Holly said...

Great pages Jill! We are going in March and I can hardly wait. Now that we have Piper I love to scrapbook even more...if that is even possible. Scrapbooking is the best!