It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tex Mex Calzones

I lied. I got something. A recipe. A darn good recipe! We had it for dinner tonight, and I got it out of the Cooking Light magazine.

Brown 1 lb. ground turkey.
Add 1/2 cup each chopped onion, green pepper, and red pepper.
3/4 Tsp. Cumin
1/2 Tsp. Chili Powder
2 garlic cloves, minced.
Cook until the veggies are crisp tender.
Then add 1/2 cup fat free or regular salsa verde (green salsa) and heat through.

Roll out one refrigerated dough/pizza crust. Cut into fourths, preferably triangle shapes.
Spoon turkey mixture into the center of each fourth, and top with shredded mexican style cheese.
Fold and crease the dough.
Bake and 425 for 12-14 minutes OR until golden brown.

Serve with sour cream.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

A Day In The Life.... said...

that sounds tasty! perhaps something i'll need to try tomorrow night.