Made a trip to Ikea today, with the whole fam damily! WOW. This was our second attempt to get everyone out of the house to a "large group event" and it worked out pretty well. We got lots of stares, and many comments ("Boy, you sure have your hands full!") but all three boys were angels...really!
This is why we get stared at:
Jill is carrying around Landon in a chest carrier/Baby Bjorn, and he is 23 lbs, and the max weight limit is 25. Yes, my back and shoulders are sore tonight. He is out-facing and he is smiling and giggling OUT LOUD at anyone who gives him 3 seconds of attention. So of course, he is getting people to look at us!
I am pushing a full size cart (which for those of you familiar with IKEA, they have "spinning" wheels on the front, unlike grocery store carts, and they are difficult to push straight!) which contains 1) Bronson in an infant seat propped up in the seat part of the cart, 2) 1 large diaper bag, 3) 3 jackets, 4) some merchandise that we picked up along the way (small stuff!) and 5) one Gage Fox, who I am repeatedly telling to "Please sit on your bottom", "If I have to tell you one more time to sit down on your bottom, you are getting out and walking, with your hand on the cart".
Tim is then pushing the flat bed cart which contains the items we purchased.
Talk about a TRAIN! Crazy! But it's our "Crazy Little World" and we make it fun!
So what did we buy?
I've been waiting (im)patiently for about 2 years to get a nice entertainment center for our living room. We have a 300 lb. tube TV that sits on an ugly TV stand in our living room. Tim has been wanting a flat screen, I've been saying, "There is nothing wrong with our current TV".
Until I find out that there is no such thing as an entertainment center anymore that will allow for the said 300 lb. TV. So Tim wins.
The new entertainment center that I picked out from the local furniture store is being delivered tomorrow afternoon, and the new TV will follow later this week. But in the meantime, I wanted to get some of this CRAP (a.k.a. kids toys, games, books) out of my living room to make room for the new piece. So we purchased a book shelf/storage unit similar to the one we have in our basement. This has 8 "boxes" in which you can use for books, games, or purchase bins for toys. We will have 4 open shelves and 4 bins. We have put it in our hallway by our bedrooms, and it looks GREAT!
We also purchased another kids' table and chair set. We have a beautiful one that Ken made for us in our kitchen, but would like another for downstairs for crafts and such. And of course, we need a craft storage table for all the crafts, and that got purchased too!
What I love about IKEA is the fact that prior to making the trek today I was looking at Target online. For one similar book/storage unit that we purchased for $100 today, we would have paid double for at Target. The same goes for the table and chair set and the storage unit.
I am just so excited to have the organization going on around here! Now THIS is what gets me giddy! ORGANIZE, ORGANIZE, ORGANIZE!
Come and visit and check out our new stuff! It doesn't happen often around here, as you can plainly tell!!!
6 comments:
Okay...so as I'm re-reading this to check for typos, I'm realizing that it sounds like we are super-loaded right now...buying all this new furniture, new TV, etc.
PLEASE keep in mind that we haven't left the house other than Walmart trips for groceries in the past 7+ months, and we haven't purchased anything new for the house or yard since getting ready for the babies. So this shopping extravaganza was definitely a rare event around here. Just wanted to clarify! :)
I was really just thinking how brave you were to attempt such a LARGE outing with 3 little ones!!!!
i'm totally pumped about your organization efforts! i have been wanting to do many of the same things (smaller entertainment center, flat screen tv, better place for all the kid crap that lands everywhere but the kids room) so this is inspiring! i want to see pictures of your new stuff! i have never been to ikea and SO want to go before the baby arrives.
and yes, you guys were brave to bring the whole troop in there - but i'm glad it went well. :)
Oh, I was picturing you guys with a pocket full of cash spending hundred dolla bills, y'all at Ikea! In my head, you're wicked rich, okay?!? Good for you for venturing out.
:o)
post pics!
I'm with Mar...I know you've got your hands full right now, but sneak in a pic - I need motivation!
Post a Comment