
Dear Bronson and Landon,
These past 7 1/2 months have been the most challenging, yet beautiful months of my entire life.
I am exhausted. I miss running out the door, with just keys and purse in hand, to run a quick errand. I miss talking on the phone to my friends, and going to work, and eating lunch in public, and getting to chew my food s.l.o.w.l.y. and breathing in between bites.
But you know what? I love how you look at me in the morning when I come to get you out of your cribs. I love how when daddy or nana are holding you, your eyes will dart around the room, looking for me when you hear my voice. I love watching you learn new things every day, and I love to hear you giggle when I tickle you under your arm, or kiss your chubby thighs.
I'll get to go out to lunch with my friends again. And I'll get to chew my food slowly and enjoy every bite. I'll get to go shopping on Saturdays, and get massages and pedicures on lazy summer afternoons.
But I'll never get to have these moments with you back. You will grow up and your eyes won't look for me when you are in a crowd with your friends. Your hands won't touch my face when I'm rocking you to sleep, and you won't gnaw on my shoulder when your gums hurt from teething. I will cherish these moments forever, and never, ever, ever take them for granted.
Love,
Mommy
P.S. Thanks for not always being hungry at the same time. Double-bottle feeding you all the time was making me tired!
3 comments:
Awww...you are so sweet! Your boys are all so lucky to have you in their lives! Isn't it amazing to think how much your life has changed because you met them?
cute.
very nice.
Post a Comment