It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

We had a great Valentine's weekend. I was the luckiest kind of girl...I got to spend the whole weekend with my FOUR favorite men. I know what your thinking.....but your wrong! :)

Friday night we got a set of sitters for the babies (two sisters) and signed Gage up for the health club's "Parent's Night Out" for a couple of hours. Tim and I had a really nice and relaxing restaurant at one of our favorite local restaurants.

Saturday, my friend Kimmy came to visit with her two boys (no pictures, sorry!) and spent the day chatting while her two boys played here. Gage and Tim already had plans to go ice fishing with another family, so unfortunately our boys didn't get to play together. But you would have never known her boys were even here. They played so well!

We headed into St. Paul today for the "Midwest Kidfest" at the Rivercentre. It was basically a large expo...which wasn't necessarily what I was expecting. Tupperware, bounce houses, pony rides, face painting, stamping and scrapbooking, photographers, etc. etc. etc. It was fun and it was nice to get out of here and all three of our boys were GREAT. Gage had so much fun, as you will see in the pictures below. I used the front carrier for probably one of the last times, as the weight limit is 25 lbs. and the boys are definitely pushing it. I can feel it in my back, and most likely will feel it more tomorrow. But I did have a great kettlebell workout yesterday, too...

We hit a snowstorm on our way home and came across a couple of accidents, one of which looked pretty nasty. Landon screamed for most of our trip home, but the other two slept. Screaming kids make car rides stressful, but in the end it is all worth it to get out of here and spend the day together as a family.

I hope everyone else had a nice weekend as well. We love to take full advantage of the weekends when everyone is healthy and happy; never know how long that is going to last....
Have a great week! (Although I'll be back again tomorrow....)






















4 comments:

The Foskett Family said...

Why is it that Gage Thomas Fox looks so grown up all of a sudden???

Unbelievable!!! Cute pics and I'm glad you are all feeling well enough to venture out!!!!

Jaci said...

I love the lion face paint...the boys got theirs done at the Cologne Carnival today & it looked like a monkey took a crap on Milo's face. Your expo job was much cooler!!

:o) Kudos to you for getting out of the house with everyone.

A Day In The Life.... said...

What a fun weekend! That face painting is awesome!!

Swanson Family said...

nice. looks fun!